Trash pick-up is available to the residents of Cal Pines living within CSD's district boundaries. The monthly rate is $21.00.
- You are allowed 2 cans (CSD does not provide cans), weighing no more than 35 lbs. each, per week for trash.
- All extra cans will be charged to the customer at a rate of $3.00 each.
- Trash MUST BE BAGGED,
- Garbage must be out by 7:00 A.M. on the morning of your scheduled pick up day. CSD Employees start the trash routes at 7:00 A.M., but time of pick up may not always the same for any one customer,.
- It is important to have it out by 7 A.M. to ensure your location will not be get missed. If the garbage truck passes by a residence, and there is no garbage out, you will have to wait until the following week for your garbage to be picked up. Our employees can not turn around to pick up trash that was not out on time.
- ONLY household garbage will be accepted (no cat litter, tree limbs, grass, leaves, microwaves, batteries, TV’s, computers…etc.).
- Please do not tie your trash cans to anything, doing so makes it impossible for our employees to lift the cans to dump them into the trash truck.
- During winter months when rain, snow, and freezing temperatures are expected, it is a good idea to poke holes in the bottom of your trash cans to drain any rain or melted snow that could potentially get inside any cans and freeze. If household garbage is frozen and sticks to the inside of a trash can(s) (to the point that it will not come out when the can is lifted and tipped upside down), our employees will not reach into ANY can(s) to pull out the frozen garbage. This is to ensure the safety of our employees.
- It is best practice to keep the lid the can came with and use it regularly.
Our employees that work on the trash truck truly appreciate all our customers who have been, and continue to be, so courteous and understanding!!